Dr. Pepper, how I love you so. Don’t tell bacon, but you might be my favorite thing on the planet…
Oh, umm, hello. I didn’t see you there. How much of that did you hear…? I guess I should blog now or something. Awkward.
My interwebs friend, Tia, tagged me a while back in a blogging game. Apparently I’m supposed to list 11 random things about myself, answer Tia’s 11 questions, tag 4 other bloggers, and ask them 11 questions, which they then answer in their own post. And then they’re supposed to do exactly what I did. I get tagged in these games all the time, and I never actually do them. But I am now, and that’s all that matters, right? Right. Lovely.
1. My life goal at the moment is to learn how to play Stairway to Heaven on the guitar. I feel like I need to set higher goals…
2. I secretly despise Christian Bale.
3. “Fact #2 is true,” said the liar.
4. I openly despise Leonardo DiCaprio, and that’s not a lie. Well, honestly, don’t despise him THAT much. He’s a relatively ok actor, but I know a few people who adore him, and it’s fun to annoy them.
5. What’s your favorite symbol on the keyboard? Mine’s the squiggle ~ Isn’t it cute? But it’s so hard to reach. Stupid squiggle…all the way in the top left corner. AND I have to push the shift key.
6. Back to Christian Bale, my favorite movie ever is Newsies. That was the movie that really sparked my Christian Bale obsession. So naturally I’ve watched it…a lot, and I have the entire thing memorized word for word.
7. I have an irrational fear of flying bugs. I think this is because a few years ago a praying mantis flew into my hair and got stuck. Talk about traumatizing.
8. I hate when people ask me what my favorite kind of music is, because when I answer 40′s jazz, house, and random indie boy bands, I get some raised eyebrows.
9. Speaking of eyebrows, I once (ONCE. NEVER AGAIN.) went to go get my eyebrows done, and the lady who did it took one look at me and said “Well…they’re your signature style.” That basically translates into I have Audrey Hepburn-esque eyebrows that you really can’t do much with. I think I frustrated her.
10. I’m obsessed with Pinterest. It’s an unhealthy obsession and a bit of a self-esteem killer. After I pin things, I realize that I’ll never own any of those clothes, make food that looks that good, and that DIY chalkboard paint? Fugetaboutit.
11. Although my name is Piccola Italiana (which means Little Italian in Italian), I’m hardly Italian. I’m a quarter Italian, a quarter Norwegian, and half everything else (there is a little British in there…*wink*). But Little Norwegian translates into Lite Norsk, which, uhhh, sounds awful? I guess if I did go by Like Norsk, you could call me Norsky. And if that isn’t catchy, I don’t know what is.
And here are the questions Tia asked me:
What is your all-time favorite book?
The Giver. I had to loan that book to someone just so I would stop constantly rereading.
Mr. Darcy or Mr. Rochester?
Well, seeing as I just had to google Mr. Rochester (Yes, I do live under a rock.), Mr. Darcy?
Converse or Vans?
Um, Converse. I have 7 pairs and counting. I don’t even want to think about how much money I’ve spent on them.
Oh, don’t do this to me. Uhhhh, rum cake? Or really really good raspberry cheesecake.
Batman. Maybe just because Christian Bale plays him. Everything in my entire life goes back to him. What’s wrong with me?
If you could play any instrument, regardless of your skills or lifestyle, what would it be?
My sisters and I all play violin, and my brothers play cello. If my parents hadn’t started me on violin when I was 3 and I would have actually had a say in which instrument I was going to play, I would have definitely chosen cello. Way cooler, and you get to sit down when you play. Maybe I’m lazy.
In general, do you gravitate more towards books or movies?
Movies. Again, lazy.
If you could meet any artist (singer – past or present), who would it be?
Either Ella Fitzgerald or George Harrison.
Favorite T.V. show?
Psych or Downton Abbey or House. Psych and Downton aren’t airing new episodes for months, and House is over. I’m pretty much distraught.
If you could have the wildest phrase for your epitaph, what would it be?
I’d definitely go for Henry the second’s epitaph:
“I was Henry the King. To me Diverse realms were subject, I was duke and count of many provinces. Eight feet of ground is now enough for me, whom many kingdoms failed to satisfy. Who reads these lines, let him reflect, upon the narrowness of death. And in my case behold, the image of our mortal lot. This scanty tomb doth now suffice, For whom the Earth was not enough.”
Ha, just kidding. I’d say “I told you I was sick.”
What day do you look forward to most in a week?
Friday, Friday, gotta get down on Friday. Ha, now that song’s stuck in your head. You’re welcome.
So now I tag people, I guess…? You know what, I’m tired. I ate so much junk food last night at my friends house, and I’m still in a food coma.
Marie over at Adventures in a Grown-up World (Tia already tagged you, Marie. DO. IT.)
Kait over at Kaitlynology
Arnel Gonce at AllThingsBoys. I pretty much feel like she’s my second mom. Although if I was given the option, I’d want Amy Adams to be my 2nd mom. She can be my 3rd.
Avra-Sha Faohla at Red Twilight
So if I’ve tagged you, please answer these questions. Have fun.
1. What was the first CD/record you bought?
2. Christian Bale or Leonardo DiCaprio? Choose wisely…
3. If you were shrunk to the size of a pencil and put in a blender, how would you get out? I was Googling weird interview questions and that actually was one of them.
4.What was your first word?
5. Pepsi or Coke?
6. If you had a million dollars how would you spend it?
7. What’s your favorite breakfast food?
8. Do you think we’ve really been to the moon?
9. What’s the deal with “I before E?”
10. Deaf or blind?
11. So no one told you life was gonna be this way?