Taking a cue from two of my favorite bloggers, Jessica and Mara, I’ve decided to start a weekly summary of all the exciting (?) things that are going on in my life. Since all the good names are taken (like Mara’s Friday Links, and Jessica’s Tuesday Things), I’ve decided to call mine Mid-Week Crisis and post it on Wednesdays. Kind of like mid-life crisis, but it happens every week. Because Wednesday are stupid. I give my sister full credit with coming up with the name, because the best I could think of was Woebegone Wednesdays. Hmm. So this is what’s been happening with me:
1. I found out yesterday that my dad might be able to get free tickets to see Justin Bieber this summer. Would that make me less of a human if I go…? Wait. Don’t answer that.
2. Why isn’t this in my belly right now? Valid question.
3. This is my dog, Gemma Rose McGinty Italiana. Yes, that is her full name, and yes she is named after Damian McGinty’s older sister, Gemma. I’ve been trying to teach her (my dog, not Damian’s sister) cool tricks. The latest one is I’ll have her sit and then I’ll pretend to shoot her and yell BANG, and she falls over.*
*This only happens if I have a piece of cheese in my hand to reward her with afterwards, and when I say she falls over, I mean I usually have to push her. Do you know how hard it is to push over a 65 pound dog?
4. Batman comes out in 9 days. Tom Hardy+Christian Bale+Joseph Gordon Levitt-Anne Hathaway=best movie ever. Seriously, whose idea was it to stick Anne Hathaway in it? The only character she’s capable of playing is that one princess she played in Princess Diaries. Can someone say boring? Why didn’t they get someone else to play Catwoman, like Emma Stone or Jennifer Lawrence? Actually, they could of just stuck Ryan Gosling in a leather jumpsuit and said he was Catwoman. I assure you he would have done a better job, and the entire female population wouldn’t protest.
5. I switched up my room a bit and wanted to show off how cool it looks. I’m not quite done just yet, but it looks much better than it just being a blank wall. I DID end up putting up the Damian McGinty (so much Damian in this post…) and Beatles posters like I thought I’d never get around to doing. And all those tickets? Those are all the concerts I’ve been to (that I can find the tickets from…). Kind of a lot, but there could and will be way more. And one of them is a ticket from when I saw the Jonas Brothers back in 2009. Now THAT makes me less of a human.
6. Today is Nation Cheer Up the Lonely Day. If you are lonely this is me cheering you up: I think you’re awesome. And if you’re not lonely, you are not welcome to our Sad Holiday Party. Next week? Forever Alone Day, followed by My Sarcasm Makes Me Have No Friends Day.
7. Will someone please invite me to a fancypants party so I can wear this dress? Also, I wouldn’t mind if someone turned me into Mila Kunis either. Just saying.