The Joseph Gordon-Levitt angel wants to wish you all a Merry Christmas. And if you’re not Christian, then Happy Holidays/Tuesday. Also, I got black and white checkered Vans this morning and you probably didn’t. Thank you, Santa, for bringing that, 4 Honor Society posters, an Honor Society shirt, and lip gloss that my mom conveniently wanted. Hmmm.
1. I’m officially the oldest of 7. Ta da. My brother was born last week and he’s pretty dang adorable. Only problem is that I’m torn between calling him Seven (which is what my friend calls him), or Spiderbaby (which is what Corrupted Brother calls him) on my blog. I might use both, so don’t get confused. Or I could just call him by his full name, which is Spiderbaby Gotham. Quite a name to live up to, huh? I thought so too. So to make him extra manly, I stuck him in an American Girl Doll dress and ear muffs and took pictures. Let the corruption begin…
2. Is it totally depressing that I watched this, uhhh, twice? I would have replayed it, but it’s 9 minutes long. Boo.
3. My friend’s 17th birthday was a few days ago and I got her a bacon and cheese double steakburger from Steak n Shake as a birthday present. As lame as that is, she got me a cheep-o fan from her trip to Spain for my birthday. I think I win. Because I was missing Heath Ledger that day, I got a Heath Bar shake, which was a total mistake. They totally skimped on the Heath bits and they used banana ice cream instead of vanilla. Banana. BANANA. It was so disgusting…that I finished off the entire thing. But seriously, I think Steak n Shake needs to give me a free shake or something. After we finished off our food, we played hangman with her 15 year old brother and their Spanish exchange student (rocking birthday, huh?). I’m not sure how this happened, but this was one of the games.
5. This was on the back of a jelly jar. In case you can’t read it, it says, “Made with organic sugar from an ethical and environmentally friendly source certified EcoSocial by IBD.” Where do I even start…
6. And I still haven’t seen Looper or Premium Rush. Nope. Is Premium Rush still in theaters? How dare I call myself a Joseph Gordon-Levitt fan.. WILL SOMEONE PLEASE GO SEE THEM WITH ME?! I need my stupid license so I can drive myself to see a JGL movie alone. And the sad part is that actually sounds really wonderful.
8. I’m on a bit of a Russian author kick right now. Currently on my nightstand/floor since I don’t have a nightstand is Cancer Ward. And a book called Easy Microwaving that came out in the 70s. People were way too impressed with microwaves back then… But anyway, Cancer Ward. It’s such a great book. So incredibly long and I can’t keep the characters’ names straight, but it’s great. Aaannnddd that’s about it. Note to self: never tell that story again.
1. Tonight at dinner we somehow got on the subject of mercury in fish. Evil Scientist brother casually interrupted the conversation and said, “Hey, mercury’s atomic number is 80.” We were all like heh heh…I hope you’re joking… he then got out the table of elements (because all homeschoolers keep the periodic table handy, obviously…) and showed us that he was correct. How am I related to these people?
2. Months ago my aunt was going to get me a pair of Union Jack converses, but that fell through and I forgot about them. Then for my birthday she showed me a picture of two different pairs of Beatles converses I could choose from. I picked one out and, again, forgot about them. I think I have memory issues. She came over today and BOOM look what I have.
3. Kait and I were brainstorming ideas for my senior quote. I think we finally decided on “Vote for Pedro,” but these were some other options.
4. Speaking of Kait, she mailed me 12 bags of tea when I was sick last week. She is quite lovely, if I may say so.
5. I started a Heath Ledger board on my pinterest thinking it would help bring me closure. Nope. Only makes things worse. And the fact that I have a picture of him as my background on my laptop doesn’t help either.
6. I’m starting college essays. The prompt for one of the colleges I’m applying to is to either write about a topic important to me (food) or a journey (having a blog and teaching myself how to cook…so I could make food). I’m going with option number two. I’ll keep you guys updated.
7. I’m not sure if I’ve told you all about my siblings, so drumroll please. I’m the oldest. Muahhahahaha. I have three brothers – Future Chef, Evil Scientist, and Corrupted Brother – and two sisters. One is Sister Celiac and I’ve decided to name my youngest sister Brute. She’s surrounded by brothers and she is one tough cookie, to say the least. She can pick up Sister Celiac who is 7 years older than she is. Yeah, scary. This is a picture that she drew and taped to the wall.
8. Is anyone else completely excited to see Looper in two days? Although I’m a bit hesitant to see Joseph Gordon-Levitt look like Bruce Willis. I mean, I’m sure he’s still attractive and stuff…but…I’ll have to actually pay attention to the storyline instead of just staring at him. I’m not sure how I’m going to do this.
9. I dropped fifty bucks on a Fringe hoodie. So worth it? I think yes.
1. Remember Skandar Keynes? I used to talk about him…ummm…all the time. Luckily I switched over to talking about Joseph Gordon-Levitt and have succeeded in making you all insane because of it. Sorry? Anyway, he turned 21 today. Happy birthday, my dear slightly-unattractive-but-totally-amazing-future-husband. I’m so glad that you’re an awful actor and no one knows about you. That means I can have you all to myself. MUAHHAHAHAHAHAHA. I think I have issues.
2. Last week I went out to lunch with my friend Katie. She makes me laugh and we share a mutual love of food. Win. Also, I didn’t eat any of my pizza crusts, and I’m sure the waitress thought I was crazy when she took away my plate with 6 of them.
4. Fringe season 2, disk 2. Coming to a mailbox near you. Also known as my mailbox today. I love Netflix.
5. This pin sums up my general you’re-really-annoying-me attitude as of late. I think I need an attitude adjustment. Also, I own this pin, so don’t bother me or it may end up pinned to your face. Fair warning.
6. I’m not sure about you, but the song Call Me Maybe gets stuck in my head all the time. I think that song is actually brainwashing us. That being said, I found a Batman parody of it that is, um, amazing.
7. Whatever you do, do NOT look at How Sweet It Is’ food board on Pinterest. It makes me sad every time I look at it because none of the food is in my belly. I think someone needs to invent a machine that can convert pictures of food into actual food. Yeah, best idea ever. You’re welcome.
1. Is anyone else super excited that Joseph Gordon-Levitt is in Premium Rush which is out now as well as Looper which is out in a month? I wanted to see the hour and half Joe Show/Premium Rush last weekend with Marie since EMILY HAD TO LEAVE AND GO GET EDUCATED AT COLLEGE, but she had to work. The three amigos broke up. Although I don’t think we ever actually called ourselves that. Now we do?
2. I watched the entire first season of Fringe in a week. And I may or may not be getting the first disk of season 2 from Netflix today. My parents won’t let me buy the second season. I’m not sure why, since I know I’d be totally productive and would only watch one episode a day. Ha, not.
3. The wall of Picco has expanded. See my awesome New York poster? I also have glow in the dark stars. Are there any other 17 year olds that have those too…?
Also, my friend drew this picture of me.
At first my nose was huge and even her mom was like ugh, fix that now. In case you were wondering, this doesn’t even look like me at all. The hair is right, but I have Joseph Gordon-Levitt eyes. I promise I won’t mention him again in this post.
5. I used to think it was lame that people would find friends over the internet. Well, it’s still a bit lame…but thanks to this blog I now have the coolest friends…that I’ll probably not meet for a long time. The coolest ones are definitely Tia, Kait, and Mara (because she’s adorable and is getting married to Hunky McGorgeous). I’m actually talking to Kait over Gmail chat right now and all I’m trying to do is finish up this stupid post. Stop distracting me. Jeez.
6. The other day I decided that I was youthful and that it would be a good idea to do the monkey bars and flip-overs on a bar at the park close by. That might go down in history as the worst idea ever, after promising to not talk about Joseph Gordon-Levitt in this post. I aggravated both sciatic nerves and I’m pretty much in a bit of pain. Although the other day I was told I complain too much, and now I’m self-concious about it…hmmm…anyway, I was reading online what to do when you have annoyed the most painful nerves in your entire body, and the intertron said to rest for a few days and then exercise. That was also the worst idea ever. I ran two miles a few days ago and just accepted the fact that I was going to die. And then I ran again today. Dear internet, YOU LIE. Do you enjoy seeing me suffer? I hate you. Love, Picco.
7. Tomorrow I’m going to hang out with a girl who was my best friend for years. We kind of drifted apart/got in a huge fight and I haven’t talked to her in a year and have only seen her twice in 2 years… but we’ve been talking lately and decided to get together. We’ll see how things go, but I’m pretty much super excited. Although I can’t tell if I’m more excited because I’m going to see her or because we’re going to the Cheesecake Factory for lunch.
8. Don’t judge.